Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Short Memoir from a Glass Box

I have live my whole life locked inside a glass box.
It's crystal clear, I can see the world goes on around me.
But I was never been a part of it.
I was just an observer of life, an outsider, an outcast.
Somehow a curse has been cast upon me to always be the audience and never the player.
When sadness overwhelms me, there's no one to turn to, no one to comfort me.
I am forced to make myself strong enough to hold the tears from drowning me in my own sorrow.
But that is just a small price to pay.
The biggest storm comes whenever I am happy.
I glowing, I'm all smile...but no one to share it with.
I take a look around...people see me, people notice me, but they don't seem to care.
I spent forever desperately wanting to be a part of them.
To feel what they feel, do what they do.
But it's a mere wishful thinking so far.
I've tried to free myself,
but it's impossible to break the glass without hurting myself.
I made it once, with unbearable pain to endure.
But the crowds of joy pushed me away and left me to hurt alone yet again.
They leave whenever I try to get close.
So there I was...hurting, crying, alone and lonely.
My cry for help and my sorry sight is nothing to them...nothing whatsoever.
I'm scared, terrified that I am doomed to live my life this way forever.
...
...
Should it ends here?
...
...

No comments:

Post a Comment