Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

When We Were Kids...

Sometimes I wish life can be a lot more simple as it were when we were just kids. Living life so carelessly, with no fear of anything. Having great first moments of everything. Living life day by day without any thoughts of what will happen tomorrow or what had happened yesterday. The days when imagination is a gift. People allows you, even encouraged you to use your imagination on things.
Those days are history now. But I refuse to let everything go. I hold on to what comforts me the most at even the worst times of my adult life. My imagination. I have no idea whether it's a common thing for someone at this age to have such an active imagination. Sometimes I'm scared that the line between reality and imagination is getting thinner and thinner by the day.
I have been using my imagination as the drug to cope with reality. Whenever things get ugly, I jump head first to my imaginary reality, as I would call it. As creepy as it sounds, it works...all the time.
Inside the imaginary reality, I am fearless. Standing tall and proud, so invincible. I love and be loved without question. I know no pain or tears or sorrow.
Call it running away from life, I don't care. But it's the only place where I'm safe and sound, with no one and nothing that can hurt me. I do go back to my life and try to go through every head-spinning problems and heart-breaking experience the best I can do. While longing to go back to the safe world I've created at the end of the day.
This is not about being on the verge of insanity. People have their own way of dealing with things in life, and this is mine.
Sometimes I wish life can be a lot more simple as it were when we were just kids. When imaginations were fun. And you don't have to wake up and realize that none of it is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment